fot

Re: [Fot] 1955 TR3 ARRC contender

To: "weredinger@cox.net" <weredinger@cox.net>, "nicholsondustin@yahoo.com" <nicholsondustin@yahoo.com>, "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] 1955 TR3 ARRC contender
From: Bill Dentinger <billdentin@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 16:30:10 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_3071695_1656054164.1593016210966

Amici...
I love the Period Pictures.
Those were the days, my friend.
Bill Dentinger

-----Original Message-----
From: BILL <weredinger@cox.net>
To: dustin nicholson <nicholsondustin@yahoo.com>; fot@autox.team.net <fot@a=
utox.team.net>
Sent: Wed, Jun 24, 2020 8:41 am

Dusty,Here are some photos I took of your TR3 #72 Racer from a 1968 SCCA Na=
tionals either at Lake Garnett or Lake Afton KS. Noting we showed up put ou=
t some hay bails and went racing and then drove or TR home Sunday night so =
we could be at work Monday morning, never thinking that an accident or mech=
anical failure could occur. They did, but we were enterprising enough to al=
ways make it to work on time. Very few cars came on trailers, back then!Bes=
t,Bill Redinger

-------- Original message --------From: dustin nicholson <nicholsondustin@y=
ahoo.com> Date: 6/24/20 2:32 AM (GMT-06:00) To: fot@autox.team.net Subject:=
 [Fot] 1955 TR3 ARRC contender=20
Amici,

Does anyone know this car? I bought it today in St. Louis and know a little=
 bit of the history but I=E2=80=99m hoping someone on the list will remembe=
r it and can tell me more.

It was very competitive in SCCA Midwest in the 60s and early 70s. Ran in th=
e American Road Race of Champions (Runoffs) in 1966 at Riverside and again =
in 1969 at Daytona. That was the last year it was held at Daytona before mo=
ving to Road Atlanta. The car DNF=E2=80=99d after 14 laps with the 7th fast=
est lap time. Pretty good for a 14-year-old car. The race and therefore cha=
mpionship was won in 16 laps by the ex-Tim Suddard Group 44 GT6.

Driver/builder/owner was Bill Boemler. No logbook remains. The only other r=
ace I know of was at Garnett in 1972, but obviously it raced a lot more tha=
n these three races that I know of. It=E2=80=99s believed to have stopped r=
acing around that 1972 race and has practically not been touched since. It=
=E2=80=99s in rough shape but is a time capsule for how a car was prepped 5=
0 years ago. The car had the nickname =E2=80=9CThe Flying Bedstead=E2=80=9D=
 due to its unique role bar.

Attached is a photo of it at Daytona in 1969 and a photo of it now.

Sidenote 1: The Vin number is the 15th TR3 and was likely made on the first=
 day TR3=E2=80=99s went into production.

Sidenote 2: The seller had a Triumph buddy with him today to help unload my=
 FP spitfire that was part of the deal, and load up the TR3. That buddy tur=
ned out to be FOT! Jeb from St. Louis with the beautiful white TR6 race car=
, thanks for your help today.

Dusty Nicholson=20

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

l.com

------=_Part_3071695_1656054164.1593016210966

Original Message-----<br>
ionals either at Lake Garnett or Lake Afton KS. Noting we showed up put out=
 some hay bails and went racing and then drove or TR home Sunday night so w=
e could be at work Monday morning, never thinking that an accident or mecha=
nical failure could occur. They did, but we were enterprising enough to alw=
ays make it to work on time. Very few cars came on trailers, back then!</di=
v>

Amici,<br>
Does anyone know this car? I bought it today in St. Louis and know a little=
 bit of the history but I=E2=80=99m hoping someone on the list will remembe=
r it and can tell me more.<br>
It was very competitive in SCCA Midwest in the 60s and early 70s. Ran in th=
e American Road Race of Champions (Runoffs) in 1966 at Riverside and again =
in 1969 at Daytona. That was the last year it was held at Daytona before mo=
ving to Road Atlanta. The car DNF=E2=80=99d after 14 laps with the 7th fast=
est lap time. Pretty good for a 14-year-old car. The race and therefore cha=
mpionship was won in 16 laps by the ex-Tim Suddard Group 44 GT6.<br>
Driver/builder/owner was Bill Boemler. No logbook remains. The only other r=
ace I know of was at Garnett in 1972, but obviously it raced a lot more tha=
n these three races that I know of. It=E2=80=99s believed to have stopped r=
acing around that 1972 race and has practically not been touched since. It=
=E2=80=99s in rough shape but is a time capsule for how a car was prepped 5=
0 years ago. The car had the nickname =E2=80=9CThe Flying Bedstead=E2=80=9D=
 due to its unique role bar.<br>
Attached is a photo of it at Daytona in 1969 and a photo of it now.<br>
Sidenote 1: The Vin number is the 15th TR3 and was likely made on the first=
 day TR3=E2=80=99s went into production.<br>
Sidenote 2: The seller had a Triumph buddy with him today to help unload my=
 FP spitfire that was part of the deal, and load up the TR3. That buddy tur=
ned out to be FOT! Jeb from St. Louis with the beautiful white TR6 race car=
, thanks for your help today.<br>
Dusty Nicholson <br>
>fot@autox.team.net</a><br>
ing.com</a><br>