fot

Re: [Fot] To be seen at the Kastner Cup

To: John <bfcc@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Fot] To be seen at the Kastner Cup
From: John Styduhar via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 16:47:15 -0500
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>

--000000000000373e79059af2ca90

There must have been modification of the BETA chassis to accomodate the
TR4s wider floor pans and engine bay.  I've saw a very early TR4 frame that
had extension plates bolted to the top of the outriggers to fit the wider
body mounts.  The diagonal braces for the front spring perches also had to
be moved outward to fit the TR4 front inner fender mounts.  I don't think
the BETA had wider floor pans that the stock TR3.

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 1:27 PM John via Fot <fot@autox.team.net> wrote:

> The TR3 BETA chassis actually came first and the later TR4 body was put on
> it.  Frank Marsden engineered the suspension and steering for the TR3 BETA
> as part of Ray Bates's team tasked with looking into ways to improve the
> TR.  Rack and pinion steering was something Frank considered important
> along with the suspension upgrades, hence the wider wings to cover it all.
> It was considered so successful that the upscaled Zest TR4 body was simply
> put on the entire TR3 BETA platform.
>
> And you won't have read that in any book before.  Fortunately, I have it
> all on camera and included it in the minor revision I made to 'Traditional
> Triumph TR: From the TR2 to the TR6' that I issued a few years ago.  If you
> have the version that includes Frank Marsden and Ray Bates then you already
> have the full story.
>
> John C.

--000000000000373e79059af2ca90

re must have been modification of the BETA chassis to accomodate the TR4s w=
ider floor pans and engine bay.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve saw a very early TR4 frame t=
hat had extension plates bolted to the top of the outriggers to fit the wid=
er body mounts.=C2=A0 The diagonal braces for the front spring perches also=
 had to be moved outward to fit the TR4 front inner fender mounts.=C2=A0 I =
don&#39;t think the BETA had wider floor pans that the stock TR3.</div><div=
 class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"=
gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at =
1:27 PM John via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.te=
argin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left=
:1ex">

:rgb(0,0,0)">
The TR3 BETA chassis actually came first and the later TR4 body was put on =
it.=C2=A0 Frank Marsden engineered the suspension and steering for the TR3 =
BETA as part of Ray Bates&#39;s team tasked with looking into ways to impro=
ve the TR.=C2=A0 Rack and pinion steering was
 something Frank considered important along with the suspension upgrades, h=
ence the wider wings to cover it all.=C2=A0 It was considered so successful=
 that the upscaled Zest TR4 body was simply put on the entire TR3 BETA plat=
form.<br>
And you won&#39;t have read that in any book before.=C2=A0 Fortunately, I h=
ave it all on camera and included it in the minor revision I made to &#39;T=
raditional Triumph TR: From the TR2 to the TR6&#39; that I issued a few yea=
rs ago.=C2=A0 If you have the version that includes Frank
 Marsden and Ray Bates then you already have the full story.<br>
John C.<br>

/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/johnstydo@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/fot/johnstydo@gmail.com</a><br>

--000000000000373e79059af2ca90--