fot

Fathers and sports cars.

To: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Fathers and sports cars.
From: "Steve Benford Jr." <sbracing@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 19:13:22 -0600
I to have many stories but will share this couple short ones.  My Dad I
were out on a fall Sunday in his newly restored '61 Plus 4 Morgan.  We
were motoring down a two lane country road that had a big sweeping left
hander, and Steven Sr. lines up for the apex.  I see a car approaching
us and I figure he will move back over to our lane.  I finally said
something and he quickly scooted over and begun laughing.  "I was
watching the knockoffs go around - aren't they beautiful".

He also thought me that races are not won in the first corner of lap 1.
He went through drivers school at Marlboro in '64 in a black Spitfire #8
owned by Joe Gertton(sp?) who owned the Ford / Triumph dealership in
Cumberland Maryland.  During the practice race at the end of the day he
nearly got upside down coming off of the oval and into the first
corner.  I remember he tore a wheel off as well.  Never forgot that
lesson.

As Bob Bownes stated, I to am *really* proud to be involved with the
Amici Triumphi.

A misty and proud Thumbs Up - Steve.