fot

Axle materials

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Axle materials
From: "Bownes, Robert M. (EXCH)" <RMBOWNES@intermedia.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 22:12:22 -0400
Since I'm on the subject of building things, I've been thinking about
the rear end of the GT6 Production car I want to build. As I plan on
replacing the rear suspension with something a bit more, uh, predictable
and remove the Rotoflex couplers, it's going to require the fabrication
of some rear axles. The basic design will be very formula fordesque,
with a CV joint at both ends of a splined shaft.

Question is, what should I have the machine shop use as shaft material?

Thanks!
Bob