Re: [Roadsters] List Still Active

To: Pat Horne <patintexas@icloud.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] List Still Active
From: Marty Escarcega via Datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2024 11:55:30 -0700
Cc: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

--000000000000c6b4d80623ab370b

Well, I will stay subscribed.
I am in Mesa, AZ
My daughter and I started a 67 Roadster some 10 years ago now:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sCExBasorgqNtNRC8

We recently found another 67 Roadster that has been sitting the better part
of 30 years here in the Phoenix, AZ area. Long story, but dad gave the car
to his then 18 year old son who drove it down from Washington State to
attend Universal Technical Institute in Phoenix to become a mechanic. About
a month after being here, the car was stolen. It WAS recovered, but the
thief stole the engine and transmission and the seats out of it. Chris
didn't have the heart to sell it and swore he would get it back on the
road. Fast forward 30+ years later Chris has to have reconstructive ankle
surgery that he has to pay much out of pocket so he sold all his toys the
house etc and is moving back to Northern, CA with his folks for surgery and
recuperation. He didn't want to let the Roadster go to just anyone, when we
showed him the album and that we wanted to make one driver out of the two
cars, he sold it to us.

So the plan is to "Don't get it right, just get it running" and then go
from there. I need to decide what parts we want to keep and sell or part
out the other car. We have a number of early Roadster parts. A friend of
mine, Ron Hamilton used to buy, repair/restore these cars and sell them.
When we bought his house, his "inventory" of used parts stayed with us. SO
after we figure out what we need, we're going to sell the parts. I don't
have the room to store them.
Hopefully the weather will finally cool off so we can get cracking and get
a roller together.

Let me ask this of the group. It seems there were some front
suspension/steering components no longer available. Is this still the case?
I'd rather rebuild the steering/suspension with new parts rather than
trying to piecemeal with used parts.

Marty
Mesa, AZ

On Fri, Oct 4, 2024 at 9:07=E2=80=AFAM Pat Horne <patintexas@icloud.com> wr=
ote:

> The list is still active but not much traffic. I=E2=80=99d prefer this li=
st to
> having to go to a website so I don=E2=80=99t have to remember to check it=
 but it
> seems most folks prefer www.311s.org
>
> Peace, Pat
>
> Pat Horne
> We support Habitat for Humanity
>

> On Oct 4, 2024, at 11:04=E2=80=AFAM, Joseph Berkenbile via Datsun-roadste=
rs <
> datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> wrote:
>
> =EF=BB=BF
>
> There are several good facebook groups including Datsun Fairlady Roadster
> Group. Lots of good people on it, great activity with questions and
> answers, pictures, events, cars and parts for sale. I'm currently on paus=
> on my 69 SPL with U20/5 speed, in Maine, waiting on bodywork and paint.
> Joseph Berkenbile
>
> On Fri, Oct 4, 2024, 10:59=E2=80=AFAM Marty Escarcega via Datsun-roadster=
s <
> datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> wrote:
>
>> Just checking to see if this group is still active or what are the bette=
>> Datsun Roadster sites?
>> Getting ready to get back on our 67 Roadster after finding a nice donor
>> car here East of Phoenix, AZ.
>> Also have a lot of parts to start selling off.
>>
>> Marty
ail.com

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/patintexas@icloud.=
com

--000000000000c6b4d80623ab370b

div><div>My daughter and I started a 67 Roadster some 10 years ago now:</di=
v><div><a href=3D"https://photos.app.goo.gl/sCExBasorgqNtNRC8";>https://phot=
y found another 67 Roadster that has been sitting the better part of 30 yea=
rs here in the Phoenix, AZ area. Long story, but dad gave the car to his th=
en 18 year old son who drove it down from Washington State to attend Univer=
sal Technical Institute in Phoenix to become a mechanic. About a month afte=
r being here, the car was stolen. It WAS recovered, but the thief stole the=
 engine and transmission and the seats out of it. Chris didn&#39;t have the=
 heart to sell it and swore he would get it back on the road. Fast forward =
30+ years later Chris has to have reconstructive ankle surgery that he has =
to pay much out of pocket so he sold all his toys the house etc and is movi=
ng back to Northern, CA with his folks for surgery and recuperation. He did=
n&#39;t want to let the Roadster go to just anyone, when we showed him the =
album and that we wanted to make one driver out of the two cars, he sold it=
ight, just get it running&quot; and then go from there. I need to decide wh=
at parts we want to keep and sell or part out the other car. We have a numb=
er of early Roadster parts. A friend of mine, Ron Hamilton used to buy, rep=
air/restore these cars and sell them. When we bought his house, his &quot;i=
nventory&quot; of used parts stayed with us. SO after we figure out what we=
 need, we&#39;re going to sell the parts. I don&#39;t have the room to stor=
e them.<br>Hopefully the weather will finally cool off so we can get cracki=
he group. It seems there were some front suspension/steering components no =
longer available. Is this still the case? I&#39;d rather rebuild the steeri=
ng/suspension with new parts rather than trying to piecemeal with used part=
 Fri, Oct 4, 2024 at 9:07=E2=80=AFAM Pat Horne &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:patint=
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px sol=
id rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"auto">The list is still a=
ctive but not much traffic. I=E2=80=99d prefer this list to having to go to=
 a website so I don=E2=80=99t have to remember to check it but it seems mos=
t folks prefer <a href=3D"http://www.311s.org"; target=3D"_blank">www.311s.o=
582lineBreakAtBeginningOfSignature"><div dir=3D"ltr">Pat Horne=C2=A0<div>We=
r>On Oct 4, 2024, at 11:04=E2=80=AFAM, Joseph Berkenbile via Datsun-roadste=
rs &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank"=
r">=EF=BB=BF<p dir=3D"ltr">There are several good facebook groups including=
 Datsun Fairlady Roadster Group. Lots of good people on it, great activity =
with questions and answers, pictures, events, cars and parts for sale. I&#3=
9;m currently on pause on my 69 SPL with U20/5 speed, in Maine, waiting on =
bodywork and paint.<br>
Joseph Berkenbile</p>
, Oct 4, 2024, 10:59=E2=80=AFAM Marty Escarcega via Datsun-roadsters &lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">datsun-r=
quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,=
204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">Just checking to see if this group =
is still active or what are the better Datsun Roadster sites?<div>Getting r=
eady to get back on our 67 Roadster after finding a nice donor car here Eas=
t of Phoenix, AZ.</div><div>Also have a lot of parts to start selling off.<=
________________________________________<br>
t=3D"_blank">datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net</a><br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters"; rel=3D"=