[Roadsters] 1500 Radiator Cap.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] 1500 Radiator Cap.
From: Charles Hubbard via Datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 17:37:01 -0500 (CDT)

v>&nbsp;My 1964 SPL310 (1500) &nbsp;has run hot since day one. It has a fai=
rly pristine 3-row radiator core. &nbsp;I live in the Dallas Texas, area, a=
nd &nbsp;it gets pretty hot around here. &nbsp;The stock idiot gauge steadi=
ly pegs on the highway at about 65 mph. &nbsp;I put an after market gauge i=
n which showed the temperature close to 290 deg. &nbsp;Slowing down to 55 M=
PH brings the temperature down but it still runs at 275deg. &nbsp;After run=
ning around town and turning the motor off, it often blows most of the cool=
ant from the upper tank through the overflow tube. &nbsp;It often vapor loc=
ks after it gets turned off. &nbsp;I took my radiator to the local old scho=
ol radiator guru today. He did a flow test and it was fine. &nbsp;However, =
he noticed that my cap was pretty week. &nbsp;He thinks my stock cap may on=
ly be a 3-4lb cap and suggested that I purchase a 12 lb cap. &nbsp;. &nbsp;=
He's thinking that that my roadster may be continuously be losing coolant w=
hen it gets pressurised and allows air into the system, which makes the car=
 run even hotter. &nbsp;A tighter cap would hold coolant better and help th=
e cooling. &nbsp;The temperature would stay lower, even under more pressure=
. The stock radiator caps are not exactly growing on trees, so getting a 12=
 lb cap to give it a try may not be obtainable. &nbsp;The radiator shop say=
s they can put a new cap assembly o the unit, but I hate doing that before =
I even know if it will solve my issue. &nbsp;Does anyone know a source for =
a 12lb cap that will fit a 1500 radiator? &nbsp;Feedback from those in the =
le=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: rgb(0, 0, 0); FONT-SIZE: 12px">Flower Moun=

--===============3489836292731226577==