[Roadsters] distributors

To: "Datsun" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] distributors
From: "Dave" <dave@ranteer.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 08:05:55 -0500
here is my problem:  I have an early 67 low windshield 1600.

several years ago I saw a dizzy on ebay and purchased it, sent it to advanced
distributors, had them add electronic ignition, and finally, after it sat on
the shelf for several years put it in.

works great, but herebs my question:  the dizzy cap is not interchangeable
with my original.  the old one rocks just a little bit.

at some point Ibm going to want to get new cap and rotor; anyone know why
there is this discrepancy and what I should ask for?

thanks!

dave