Re: [Roadsters] am-fm radios

To: chalsted@comcast.net, Roadster E-Mail List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] am-fm radios
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 05:49:14 -0700
Craig,

Hitachi made radios for both Datsun and Toyoda back in the day. Some
radios had about the same case and escutcheon size.  Several years ago
there was a discussion on the list about replacing the factory AM radio
with an AM-FM from another model car.  I used to repair car radios for a
living and these radios are pretty simple and basic compared to what you
will find in a Ford or GM dash of a similar vintage.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Las Vegas
http://www.datsun2000.com

On 8/24/2013 5:30:48 AM, chalsted@comcast.net wrote:
 > have a 70 2000 I've had a tonneau cover on for a long time, took it
off and realized it has an am-fm radio...has Datsun on it, bottom of the
letters facing driver side footwell. is that a correct am-fm radio for a
roadster? don't remember ever coming across one before. also have a
factory radio delete panel :-)
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/tom@datsun2000.com