Re: [Roadsters] seat belts

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <vulforge@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] seat belts
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:19:37 -0600
Russell,

Those threaded inserts are/were intended for seat belts.  My '66 1600 came
with factory seat belts installed in those locations.  If I understand the
laws correctly, seat belt were not required in imported cars until 1968.
But, I suspect Nissan installed belts in all their cars headed for the US,
and I wouldn't be surprised if Gary's car originally had belts.

I wouldn't be surprised to find there are threaded inserts for the shoulder
harness installed beginning with '67-1/2 on some of the earlier cars --
under the vinyl.

The bolts are 3/8-20.  (I just measured the bolts on a set of replacement
belts I bought for my '67-1/2.)  I think that's National Fine.  (I know that
5/16-18 is NC and 5/16-24 is NF, so 3/8-20 seems to make sense as NF.)

Gary