Re: [Roadsters] measuring a cam

To: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] measuring a cam
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 08:12:25 -0600
First, it'll be hard to accurately measure duration on the cam itself, but
you can easily measure the lift. Measure a lobe across the shortest
dimension and then measure from the top of the lobe to the opposite side.
The difference is the lift, at the cam. you'd need to multiply that number
by any any additional lift built into the rockers, I think maybe a 1.5:1
ratio? However, IIRC, "B" cams have that "B" and maybe some other info
stamped in the flat surface on the aft end of the cam. You should be able
to read that using a small pocket mirror.

HTH,
Ron