Re: [Roadsters] Need advice for replacing an old battery

To: "'Michael Knorr'" <mhknorr@msn.com>, "'Datsun Roadster Listserver'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Need advice for replacing an old battery
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 12:04:14 +1030
A replacement battery needs to be physically compatible with the tray etc.
as you realise.
The only other considerations are POST DIAMETER to match your existing
connectors, POST ORIENTATION to make sure your existing cables are long
enough to connect and CAPACITY to power the starter etc.
A competent battery shop should be able to satisfy all that by just looking
at the engine bay and your existing battery.

"Need advice for replacing an old battery
My question is, what must I do to replace my battery with a more modern one
besides finding a new tray for the battery to sit in? Do newer ones just
slip right in, or must I upgrade any electrical? My '66 still has points,
condenser, etc; it's pretty much stock all around. I'd appreciate any advice
you can give.
Regards, Michael Knorr"

http://www.team.net/archive