Re: [Roadsters] MIG 101

To: datsun sendtolist <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] MIG 101
From: Jim In Virginia <wrenchorhammer@live.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 07:17:48 -0500
I have been off the list for a while.  Time to get back into the fray, and
back into my "little antique jap cars" as they are known around here.

WRT MIG 101:

I wish I could afford a MIG welder....maybe some day.  One thing is for sure,
Courtney Hansen will help warm things up just  a bit.  We usually dont get
more than about an inch or snow all winter here in South East Virginia...this
winter has been a little different.

I have a Hobart Handler 125 Wire Flux welder, and am pleased with its
performance.  I can weld things that are fairly thick, just perhaps make two
passes (welded on sway bar mounts when they became bent during an off road
eposode, and welded up a production line of wreck anchors made of re bar for
use in Chesapeake Bay)  When turned down, its possible to do a nice job with
sheet metal.

THe best invention in the History of welding, IMHO, is an auto-darkening
welding helmet.  Harbor frieght has them on sale now and then for $49.

Best Regards,

Jim

67 pushrod 2L 5spd

66 parts car