[Roadsters] Wiring Info

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Wiring Info
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 11:44:43 -0600
One of several regularly recurring subjects here on the list is
wiring, how to do it and how to fix it. Some of my favorite DIY series
on satellite/cable are the four shows included in the Powerblock that
air late mornings on SpikeTV. All of the shows are interesting and
cover a wide variety of automotive subjects so I record and watch them
all. In the past I've dumped segments and whole shows into my
computer, putting together DVDs of complete projects or grouping
individual tech subjects on DVDs for archiving.

On the Extreme 4 X 4 episode (#118) that aired this morning, Ian goes
through wiring an IH Scout using a new Painless wiring harness kit.
Not only is the kit very interesting (10 fused circuits plus 4 high
current relays) but he talks theory and actual wiring techniques. It's
only a 30 minute show and he does talk fast, but it's probably the
best primer on auto wiring I've seen. Highly recommended, even for
those of us with a solid background in this subject, and this
particular Painless harness kit would be great to rewire any older car
since old OEM wiring is almost certainly marginal at best.

Even if you don't have satellite or cable you can order individual
episodes of any of the Powerblock shows for $6 each, or D/L them from
iTunes or Amazon. Plus they offer complete start to finish project
specific DVDs for $20 each. It's much more time efficient and cheaper
to buy these DVDs than it's been for me to roll my own. This is
especially true with a single subject episode like the one I mention
above

--
Ron

http://www.team.net/archive