Re: [Roadsters] Roadster Rumors

To: <eddietude@socal.rr.com>, Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Roadster Rumors
From: Andrew Murphy <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 09:03:57 -0700
I was there at the Mt. Wilson Run in 2003 and met Jay Leno in the parking lot
at the base of the road running up to the observatory. He had seen all of us
going by and he actually turned around to come meet us and to see the cars up
close. He was driving a tube frame racer that was really cool.

He did say that he owned a 1968 1600 while he was in college and that it was
long gone. This was before he had any money and like most college kids who
owned sports cars sold it in favor of something a little more sensible. He was
not yet in the position to save every car he ever owned.

He was a very nice guy and not pretentious at all. Just another Joe sharing
his love of cars.

Andrew Murphy

1966 1600

SoCalROC