Re: [Roadsters] Restoring my first roadster

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Restoring my first roadster
From: "Donovan " <dbranch@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:01:03 -0400
Seems like Rich beat me to it.

My roadster has been stored in my garage for the last several years. I drove
it until I couldn't drive it anymore. Now I am all excited about restoring
it, especially after joining this group and seeing all the nice looking
roadsters out there. I am not sure what year my roadster is, but I think it
is a 1969 Datsun 2000. It needs body, interior and some engine work. I did
not store it on blocks and neglected to start it regularly. So who knows
what I am in for.

Where do I start?

Ideally, I would love to have someone start working on in the fall or winter
months. I live in Toronto Canada.
Does anyone know of a good auto body shop out here? Would any of you
recommend letting someone work on it on the side? I mean someone who works
fulltime but has spare time to work on it. Or should I just send it to a
body shop? I would love to have it on the road my Spring 2009.

Your feedback would be appreciated.
I have attached an old photo to give you an idea of what it used to look
like unrestored.

Donovan