Re: [Roadsters] Rear springs?

To: "'Paul'" <9laser3@bright.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Rear springs?
From: "Fred Davidson" <fred.davidson@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:19:16 -0500
Paul:

Hi Paul:

About 18 years ago I wanted to stiffen my rear suspension for autocross as
well as take out some of the "sag".  I went to a spring shop that worked
mostly on large trucks but some antique cars as well. They put a extra
spring leaf just under the main leaf. It was arched similar to the springs.
It wasan inexpensive fix and has worked well and the springs did not change
in height since that time. As I am restoring my suspension now, I just moved
those two spring leafs to new springs to retain the stiffness I have now.

I wouldn't change how the rear shacklers are mounted as some people have
done as I think it is an unsafe solution.

Fred