Re: [Roadsters] Electrical

To: dcon48@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Electrical
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 10:27:16 EST
In a message dated 2/7/2008 5:01:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,  dcon4
8@yahoo.com writes:

Hello  everyone,
I wanted to thank you all for your input on my
alternator  problem. I just got it back from the
rebuilder today and they fixed the  problem with it.
Now  a new problem has arised. After i instaled it  and
wired everything back up my roomate gave me a jump. I
noticed the  ground wire coming from my regulator
started to smoke and melt along with  my throttle cable
which i found to be odd. Does anyone have any input  on
this? Much appreciated.

RC3
70 160

What I've done on about every car I own is to run the battery ground cable
to the engine block rather than to the frame. That way you don't depend on the
engine to frame ground straps to carry all the starting current.

keith

48)