Re: [Roadsters] ebay/paypal my 2 c

To: <pjmill@sonic.net>, <ljordan704@netscape.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] ebay/paypal my 2 c
From: "dave" <daveandlindab@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 12:39:01 -0500
That's funny, the few times I had to deal with Paypal, I had them on the
phone in maybe 10 minutes, probably had to call them on stuff a dozen times.
As long as you are a premier member and ship to a verified address etc.,
they are pretty much on you side.  Except for the fees, which can be a
killer on international sales, they have been very good.  On car sales, I
take the deposit on Paypal, but cash for the balance unless they want to pay
the transaction fee.

Best Paypal experience, I had purchaced a MIG welder, heavy expensive item.
It was packed in a  Pampers cardboard box with 1 layer of thin bubble wrap
and was totally trashed in shipping,enough to bend the steel frame. UPS
refused a damage claim because of bad packaging, so I went to Paypal. Back
and forth with Paypal, for me to get a refund, I had to get it checked and
get an estimate for repairs and finally ship it back to him. Paypal actually
gave me an $85.00 credit to cover the diagnosis and return shipping, didn't
charge me or him, it was their money. I shipped it back, full refund and
kept the extra $30.00 because the welding place gave me a free estimate.  It
did cost me a few hours of my time, but had I payed any other way, I would
have been shafted.

Now, of course, when I get my first horror story and I get the shaft, my
opinion will change, but for now, they have been great.

Dave Brisco
ECR