RE: 5 speed

To: <waynomor@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 5 speed
From: "andy cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 13:22:30 -0500
You have a broken shift fork or a sheared off roll pin.  You were lucky that
it happened with the  tranny stuck in neutral.  You must separate the halves
of the.  Hopefully it is just a sheared roll pin.  You won't need to do much
surgery to replace it.  You just tap out the broken parts of the roll pin
and insert a new one.  You might think about drilling the hole a little
bigger and using a larger roll pin.  You can also put a second roll pin at
90 degrees from the first one.  I gave up on the roadster trannys after
breaking several shift forks and roll pins.  I looks possible to mate a
KA24DE tranny to the roadster bell housing but I haven't investigated too
much.

Later,

Andy