Re: Timing - 68 2000 Solex

To: roadster68@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: Timing - 68 2000 Solex
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:30:03 GMT
I know this may sound stupid, but check your firing order too (1 3 4 2).  The
first time I ran my  engine (20 years ago) after my first rebuild I got
focused on the carbs as being the problem (had never worked with anything but
SUs, and had never even driven a Roadster).  The car would run and drive but
was not happy.. it kept sneezing through the carbs. I put 80 miles on the
motor with it running like that.  It was not until a friend came by and
questioned the firing order before I realized my mistake... just a thought!
Greg Burrows
not so much ego that I can't admit when I'm being stupid... :-)

-- roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca> wrote:
Thanks  guys.   I am getting a bit punchy.   I should know that.  I have had
some trouble getting the carbs balanced and the new engine is still popping
and farting.  I did find a few nuts on the carb assembly that the mechanic
did not tighten very well.   I don' know how he missed them.  Tomorrow I am
going to insist he reset the gas/air mixture screw settings and redo the
carb balance.  Larry.