OT: Nice '64 NL320 for sale

To: <BLUEBIRDS@bluebirds.datsun510.com>,
Subject: OT: Nice '64 NL320 for sale
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:20:22 -0700
>From the EarlyDatsun list...

-----Original Message-----
From: motorama@cox.net
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:07 PM
To: EarlyDatsunClub@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [EarlyDatsunClub] Rare Datsun NL320 Sport for sale

Selling my '64 NL 320 Sport. This is a rare and great looking truck with the
integral bed and tall tail lights.  It is one of 1000 built. It was just
listed on ebay (item# 260039716151).

<http://tinyurl.com/obtq5>

Many of you have probably seen this truck advertised before.  I can assure
everyone that there is nothing wrong with this truck which has caused it not
to sell. I guess it has just been overexposed. It was fresh out of long-term
storage when I first listed it. Everyone seemed upset that it wasn't a
runner, so I spent the money and time to get it running again.

I have had dozens of emails and spent lots of time answering all the
questions and sent out many sets of photos. So far, I have only showed the
truck to a couple of local guys that were not even familiar with old Datsuns
at all. I told one of the guys it wasn't for him after he thought the column
shift was for an automatic! His comment was "old school, dude"!

I'm asking $4500 which is about $1000 less than what I have into it. I had
it advertised for slightly less, but raised it to cover recent work I had
done (Installed an NOS Nikki carburetor, fuel pump, battery,bled the brakes
and clutch, etc.).

I have owned this truck for 3 or 4 years and bought it for sentimental
reasons as I had a similar Sport as my first car whan I was 15 (in 1975). I
drove that across California when I was 15 and had yet to get a driver's
license - great memories! I traded that Sport for a Porsche 356 Roadster
which I still have after all these years.

I am selling it only because space is tight and lack of time to finish the
truck (I have about a dozen classic cars and another dozen classic bikes
that all need my attention). It is difficult for me to part with this truck
as everytime I see it I want to keep it.  It is located in Santa Barbara.

I can email detailed photos-

motorama@cox.net