Auction at the Mitty!

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Auction at the Mitty!
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:45:37 -0700 (PDT)
Well I have waited until I nailed this down with HSR &
Classic Motor Sports, and I now have the OK, so...As
many of you know, I am an Auctioneer .  I am going to
be conducting a classic car auction next April at the
"Walter Mitty" vintage race weekend at Road Atlanta.
Most of us SEROCers live for the Mitty weekend each
April, and this will be one more neat spectator event
to make the RA trip a must!

I am billing this event as "Everyman's Auction"
because I want to have the excitement of a
"Barrett-Jackson" event but with real cars that real
enthusiasts can afford to bid on and drive home!
Because this is primarily a sports car event, I will
be focusing the offerings on sports cars (and muscle
cars) rather than hot rods or pre-1950's cars, but I
am also planning a fall 2007 event in the Charleston
SC area where the field will be more diverse.

We will have a tent, and a corral where the auction
offerings can be inspected prior to show time.  We
will provide a party atmosphere where we can all enjoy
the show, and maybe buy or sell something at the same
time.  I will be accepting quality consignments over
the next few months, and I need your help in getting
the word out to all your classic car friends.  You
have the winter to get the car ready for the block,
but you need to contact me ASAP to work out all the
details.  I am considering anything from a rough
project car with great potential to a concourse
restoration.  Real Cars for Real Enthusiasts! Visit my
site at:

www.auctionatthemitty.com

If you are on other lists and forums, please forward
this message because I know other classic car guys
will be interested.

Mike Harper
'66 1600 (Jessie)
'68 2000 (Rodney)