Re: wire lug crimpers

To: sandhoff@csus.edu, ppeters914@comcast.net
Subject: Re: wire lug crimpers
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:47:46 EDT
In critical areas I crimp then solder the crimp connection.

keith

In a message dated 10/10/2006 11:36:40 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
sandhoff@csus.edu writes:

>  Lots of 40-year old wiring to repair/replace on the roadster and 411,
which
> means the time has come to... get a better wire lug crimping  tool.

Just to be depressing, I believe that most OEM automotive wiring  is
spot-welded to the lug before being crimped, assuring a solid  electrical
connection. I don't think there's a 'shade tree' tool  equivalent,
unfortunately...

-- John
John F  Sandhoff   sandhoff@csus.edu   Sacramento,  CA