Re: Wiring Harness?

To: Datsun Roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring Harness?
From: Dave Corbitt <DCorbitt77@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 21:17:04 -0400
I have good news to report. I won't need a new dash wiring harness.
My wiring problem was caused by a pinched wire going to the
after-market electric fuel pump. The current draw was enough to melt
the insulation on the wires leading from the ignition switch to the
ballast resistor where the fuel pump wire was connected. After
learning how to be a contortionist to get under the dash and strip
the tape off the dash harness, I was able to trace the bad wires and
replace them all. I then taped it all up again and put it all
together and it all works.I also built a new starter harness while I
was doing all this just because it looked like it needed it and I had
the connectors. The pinched wire has been replaced so the cause was
found and fixed as well as the damage it caused. Thanks to Dean for
the connector kit I bought many months ago and the Datsun book I
purchased on line after reading about it on this list. My daily
driver is now driving again after a 3 month layup. Took a drive
around town, visited a few friends. On the road again!!!!

Dave
--
Dave Corbitt
Summit, NJ