Re: Horn/Signal Arm Puzzle

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Horn/Signal Arm Puzzle
From: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 22:48:25 -0600
Okay, I pulled the steering wheel and signal assemblies again.  I had done
this a while back to check for bare, broken or burnt wires.  All looks
really clean.  I did not pull the black sheath off the wire bundle going to
the signal light switch.  It holds the three wires for the signals and the
horn power.  The wire running from the metal ring in the steering wheel up
to the horn button is in good shape.  The metal ring is set inside a plastic
ring that keeps it from contacting the main steering wheel.  The button
works good.  I disassembled it and checked.  The odd thing is that the power
(clicking) goes to the horn relay only if I put the steering wheel back on.
I must be getting thicker as this does not sound too difficult.  Can anyone
point out the obvious?  Larry.