RE: cabin coolant hose

To: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Subject: RE: cabin coolant hose
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:13:59 -0700
Concerning the heater valve:
> The valve is not hard to disassemble, but I have to find the time in a very
> high hour work schedule (300 hours/month or so) to locate a source of
> metric O-Rings to rebuild the valve.

I found a match by rummaging thru the O-ring drawer at Pep Boys.
As I recall, two O-rings and three brass screws, plus an oddball
formed NAPA hose cut to length (to replace the OEM but unavailable
valve-to-core elbow hose), and I was back in business.

I had wanted to post a pictorial how-to but never got a round tuit.

-- John