Re: Optima or Odyssey Battery for a 69 2000

To: Paul Souza <pauljsouza@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Optima or Odyssey Battery for a 69 2000
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@tlabgalaxy.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 11:18:53 -0500
> Paul

> What a price !!!  I am having a hard time finding one and the price is
> generally $150.00.  I am going to keep looking. Costco stated they only carry
> 2 redtop optima models.

I'd check on the price. Never seen them under maybe $90 myself. Sam's, or at
least the one in Temple, didn't stock the reversed terminal Red Top
(apparently Optima doesn't offer a reversed terminal Yellow Top), but I
could have ordered one.

The van had a Champion maintenance free battery in it, but when it died at
about the 2 year point Sam's had quit carrying them. I liked the
configuration of the Champion because it had the top posts along the long
center line, letting it be installed either way. If we'd already made the
decision last spring to keep our '95 Odyssey I probably would have ordered a
reversed Optima. As it was when Sam's warranted the Champion I went with a
conventional battery.

Happy 4th,
Ron