Optima or Odyssey Battery for a 69 2000

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Optima or Odyssey Battery for a 69 2000
From: Paul Souza <pauljsouza@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 12:58:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Everyone,

  I am planning on purchasing a Optima or Odyssey battery this week. RWM shared
he purchased a 51R.  I believe this model has reverse poles.  Is this required
on our Roadsters?

  I am concerned about battery size, weight, and cold cranking.  Some of the
larger Optima batteries weight 50lbs !     Gee how much did our original
batteries weight?

  Please share what Optima or Odyssey battery model worked for you.

  Thanks !

  Paul Souza
  69 2000
  Vacaville, CA

RWM <RWM@rwmann.com> wrote:
  I've been using an Optima Yellow Top type 51R for a year now, and have
been very pleased with its performance.

- RWM, '68 2000 Solex

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messengers low  PC-to-Phone call rates.