67.5 race roadster and others for sale

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 67.5 race roadster and others for sale
From: "Craig Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 18:06:48 -0400
after seeing the price Bob is asking for his, maybe I should consider
selling mine... actually have 3 race cars available. 67.5 1600, could be run
as a 2L... with log books, nice piece, basically also frame off but not
totally reassembled yet. 2nd one was raced by Dave Manzolini, was very fast
and was in the national runoffs 4 times I believe it was. logs for that one
were burned up in a fire but could be recreated. I have a program from the
'72 national runoffs listing the car. according to Dave it was the lightest
2L race roadster ever weighed in by Bob Sharp, and he weighed in the "salt
damaged" (factory lightweight) roadsters. he stated that he believes it to
have a factory lightweight chassis. has a very unusual rollcage setup
necessitated by excess chassis flex. they had to add weight to it to come up
to legal weight, I believe before that it was around 1650 lbs.  3rd one was
raced by Bob Pero in the midwestern region, ran mid pack but was a race car
since new, also with logs, new engine was pulled from the car and sent out
to BRE to race prep, tab on that in '68 was about $3k... only raced until
around '72 and then long term storage. all metal body, flares are "massaged
metal" not fibreglass.

also for sale:

'62 NY Auto Show 1500 Prototype, only prototype still known in existence
SPL310-00003
SPL310-00260
SRL311-00006
SRL311-00292
SRL311-00496
SRL311-00569
'66 1600 with 35k original miles
'68 1600 with 20k original miles
'69 2000 with 37k original miles (this one in St. Louis)
'70 2000 with 70k original miles good body, runs nice, brakes work but not
on the first pump...

most of these are project cars of one description or another. can e-mail pix
and discuss prices if you'd care to contact me offline. #292 is real nice
but was rebuilt on a 1600 chassis so only qualifies as a clone. had this one
at RA, it runs and drives now. was a fuel delivery problem. #3 1500 needs
engine compartment detailed out and engine done up for it, also brake and
tire stuff- but body is in paint and nice, interior is nice. I've heard that
Nissan paid some very serious money for #2 1500-  my understanding is that
the first $25k was to buy the car as is and the rest was for restoration of
the car.

anyhow, contact me offline if interested in any of these. also have a bunch
of others all the way down to free parts cars. time to move some of them
out!

Craig
mostly roadsters, lots of 'em :-)

also have 3 fast boats for sale, all 3 are 18' or less and 50-80 mph range.
the 80 mph one is a 300hp Glastron-Carlson CVX18 and it's ready to hop in
and fly. this one is still out in St. Louis along with the 37k mile 2L...the
15' with the 100hp Merc is a Glastron GT150, same boat as James Bond jumped
over the causeway.. needs a throttle cable.  the 18' BRM 1800 is a twin
cockpit cigarette style boat with a 150hp Merc outboard that needs a
steering cable and minor floor repair inside. hull is great. won't find it
on Google search, never have seen another one like it.