Re: Rim repair? 14" Riken (Enkei copy) mesh center rim

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rim repair? 14" Riken (Enkei copy) mesh center rim
From: "Chris Coker" <cfcoker@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 10:47:12 -0400
You don't mention that you've actually seen the crack.  It's possible
that the rim is just bent.  Back when I was in high school, I hit a
curb in my 1600, and bent a rim (and it leaked air).  Fortunately I
was only about a block away from home.  The wheels are the "dealer
option" wheels, which has a chromed steel rim, and an aluminum center
section.  I was able to have the rim successfully straightened.  You
can see a bit of "rash" on the very edge of the rim, but otherwise the
wheels work great.

If the wheel is cracked, I'd replace it.  If it's just bent, you
should shop around on getting it straightened.  If you can find a
replacement, I agree that's the best option.

A little off topic, but if anyone out there know where I can find some
of the original "spinners" for the dealer option wheels, I need to
replace one or two.

Chris Coker
Washington, MI
'69 1600