Re: Rim repair? 14" Riken (Enkei copy) mesh center rim

To: Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rim repair? 14" Riken (Enkei copy) mesh center rim
From: TWFAUST@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 10:28:51 EDT
 Post a pic. It seems unlikely that the impact would be sufficient to crack
the interior of the rim without significant marking/denting on the outer rim.
I have seen them successfully repaired. I recommend wheel repair shops over
general welding shops, although the general shops may have better experience
and
equipment. In this age of "liability", they are unwilling to accept potential
liability for the relatively small sum involved.

Finding another rim may be more economical.

Tom Faust