Re: 66 Riadster Brakes all new but not impressive?

To: "RWM" <RWM@rwmann.com>,
Subject: Re: 66 Riadster Brakes all new but not impressive?
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 06:43:28 -0400
  I know it is more common in the later models, but any chance you have
firewall flex?  Open the hood and watch the master cylinder while you step
hard on the brakes.  If the master moves, you have firewall flex.

  I redid the brakes on my '69 when I first bought it.  I must have bled a
gallon of brake fluid trying to firm up the brakes before I heard about
cracked fire walls.  As soon as I installed one of Stan's brake braces, the
brakes felt great.  And I know I can lock up the wheels whenever I want to!

Paul Kort
Ohio