Re: 66 Riadster Brakes all new but not impressive?

To: Richard Garretson <datsun.roadster@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: 66 Riadster Brakes all new but not impressive?
From: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 06:22:44 -0400
No, it's not normal, but may be tough to diagnose by email.  You should
be able to lock all four wheels at will.  Firm pedal is a good first sign.

Are the pads (front and/or rear) glazed?  Rear drums within tolerance?

I know you don't want to drive it in the present condition but can you
get it up to speed and do five or more stops from 50 mph or so just to
make sure the brakes are bedded in?

- Bob