motor and cranks

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: motor and cranks
From: "Paul" <heyace@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 18:21:13 -0700
I am of the other opinion about copies.  I owned a 70 Mercedes 280 SL convert
and talk about overbuilt!  The drivetrain, especially the motor was SO
overbuilt in comparison to today's cars.  So if the Japanese used it as a
model for our U20's then GREAT! because it turned out to be a good motor.   As
for all the Europe crap,  Sure there are some cool cars (MG's not one), but I
think that the Japanese built some pretty cool cars too and that it is about
time their classics get some limelight.

I am just finishing up my 2nd frame-off and I still LOVE THESE CARS!

just my humble opinion!

Paul(heyace)Gabriel
69 silver solex
67.5 red solex # 428