RE: U20 block and crank question

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: U20 block and crank question
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 17:42:56 -0700
People have observed a similarity between the general design of the U20 and
the design of some of the Mercedes engines of that era. Whether it was an
intentional copy or not, I don't know.

I tend to view such claims with a great deal of skepticism, like the claim
that the roadster is a copy of the MGB (the roadster came out first).
Anytime I hear someone claim that X is just a copy of a European design, I
assume it's probably a case of Eurocentrist bias.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org