Re: Wiring Harness Cleaning

To: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>,
Subject: Re: Wiring Harness Cleaning
From: "Mike H." <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:30:04 -0500
John's response is reasonable. I was surprised to find that the portions of
wire insulation covered by the original tape was still very well preserved,
soft and flexible. I really didn't have any serious concerns about the
quality of the original wiring. This comment does NOT apply to the MELTED
portions of my harness! :-)

There were some areas where other leads are spliced in with a really cheesy
factory crimping, ie. instrument lighting. Also, the wires often exhibit
black oxidation quite a ways in to the wires. New connections require
cleaning or scraping this oxidation to expose shiny copper.
Mike H.  '67-1600