Re: automatic transmission into a roadster?

To: "Craig Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: automatic transmission into a roadster?
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:36:24 -0700
> had a call from someone today who is interested in finding out if there
> is any automatic transmission that would bolt up to a roadster engine.

The slushbox from an RL411 bolts up (his vehicle had an R engine),
but it is very wide and fitment is reported to be problem.

There have been a couple of other conversions. Buz in Modesto
has a sweet KA24 automatic that as I recall required some pretty
extensive frame massaging, and there was a conversion spotted in
Arizona years ago, with no additional information on what it was.

I seem to recall a Ford V-8 and C-4 being put in a Roadster?

-- John