Re: Master cylinder

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Master cylinder
From: "hallosb@juno.com" <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 19:00:25 GMT
That's weird.  Full fluid level.  Any leaks? Have you checked your linkage
between the pedal and clutch master cylinder?
I guess you could dis-connect the fluid line and replace it with a short piece
of tubing.  Loop the tubing back into the reservoir, pump the clutch and watch
for fluid flow.  That's also a good method to bleed the clutch MC.  Be very
careful with the fluid, if it's not synthetic.  It will destroy paint in a
hurry.
Dan McHatton
'66 1600

What would be a good test for the master cylinder?  I had no clutch
going home Friday, It left rather quickly. The fluid level is ok, but
when I depress the clutch pedal, there is no movement in the fluid with
the cap off.

Richard