Re: Fitting question

To: Keith0alan@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fitting question
From: "Doctor Evil" <doctor_evil@fastmail.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 02:45:02 +0000 (UTC)
Absolutely, the solex manifold fittings are 1/8 BSPT (British Standard
Pipe Thread)

If you are interested Parker fittings makes a 1/8 BSPT threaded brass
barb fitting (Part Number 2-1/8T5HF3-B) that you can use to hook up a
motorcycle mercury manometer carb balancer.   That's what I did, and
then I put rubber plugs over the barbs until next time.

The fittings cost me $3.50 each. (Canadian dollars)

Parker does have an online catalog, which is very useful.

I got my fittings from the local industrial supply place.

Cheers

Dave

PS It feels good to be able to contribute something really worthwhile.