Re: Has anyone done a SR 2.0 DET in an early roadster?

To: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Subject: Re: Has anyone done a SR 2.0 DET in an early roadster?
From: Dan Zubkoff <zubkoff@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:44:10 -0800 (PST)
It is true a new shift hole will need to be cut...but
since the 64 1500 doesn't have a center console
covering the transmission tunnel (like the 1600/2000)
it shouldn't be too much of a big deal.

Just patch the original hole and cover it with
carpet....

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA

1964 SPL310 1500
1966 SPL311 KA24DE Project
1967 SRL311 2000

--- Gerardo Magana <gerardomagana@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> Gary, It can be done, but the transmission needs to
> have the hole for the
> shifter possibly modified as it may come out in a
> different place.

> Thanks, Gerardo
>
> Subject: Has anyone done a SR 2.0 DET in an early
> roadster?
>

> > Have potential opportunity to make my 64 Fairlady
> whole with a conversion to a SR 20 DET, but I am
concerned about the length> of the transmission.