RE: Recommended Datsun mechanic in Santa Cruz area?

To: "Chris Doutre" <c.doutre@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: Recommended Datsun mechanic in Santa Cruz area?
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 02:01:14 -0800
Chris,

Be VERY careful when using the stock jack for your roadster.  It works very
well, and also doubles as a frame straighter (at least on Bill Steven's
Scepter D Sports racer in the late 60's).  Unfortunately if you do not block
the wheels that stay on the ground the car can roll when it is jacked up.
The result if that is a large dent in the door as the jack swings into the
door.  With enough determination not to go to the body shop again you can
hold the jack with one hand and crank it down with the other.  It takes a
lot of determination.  BTDT both ways.

That is why everyone tells you not to use the original jack.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com