Re: Recommended Datsun mechanic in Santa Cruz area?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Recommended Datsun mechanic in Santa Cruz area?
From: richard@tntarch.com
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 03:51:18 GMT
> Hello everyone, especially my old Phoenix Datsun gang ...
>
> I moved to Santa Cruz recently and have been ignoring my '67 1600 for way
> too long. It's time to bring her back to life. Can anyone recommend a local
> or nearby mechanic who could help my baby? Thanks,
>
> Chris Doutre

Chris,

You will find that our sea of auto repair and supply shops runs rather shallow
here in Santa Cruz.  I can recommend that you stay clear of the Engine Room.
They claim to specialize in classic imports, they can work on them, but unless
you are inherently wealthy and don't mind poor customer service this isn't the
place to go. I've used the DMV clinic once "Datsun Mercedes Volvo" it seems to
be the only place here that knows what "SU's" stands for, but then again, they
are use to charging $700 for a fuel pump on a Lexus. Living in Santa Cruz I
just turn my own wrenches and read the list every day and hope nothing too bad
happens to my roadster. Good luck, and if you find a good place....let me know.

Richard