Re: POR-15 problems

To: stebharvey@ameritech.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: POR-15 problems
From: Beamonk@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:24:50 EST
Why are you putting the POR over the freshly blasted metal? That is what
needs to be sprayed with the epoxy primer. The POR needs to be used over rust.
It
doesn't adhere worth a dang otherwise. I have seen some people use it all over
the car for other purposes. I just think it is overkill. With the epoxy
primers today, a good topcoat and some Wurth or 3M rock coat is good for
underbodies and wheel wells. IMO, the POR is super over light rust, but if you
use it
for large areas it is too much and is just too hard, almost brittle. Over clean
metal it will flake off.

John Brasfield