Re: Hobbyists May Be Banned From Buying Paint

To: "Datsun Roadster group" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hobbyists May Be Banned From Buying Paint
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:06:14 +0000
The other way to go is to rent booth time- IF you know what you're doing.

I rent Saturday afternoons from a friend- he gets $100 cash, and the shop guy
who has to stick around to lock up after me gets a case of beer.  It's an OK
deal, since I can use one of his supplied- air respirators, and I DO know what
I'm doing (although you might not see it in the results sometimes).

When I buy materials, I use his shop account, but pay cash.  Saves maybe 20%
there, too.

But that's an unusual deal...

Painting if you don't know what you're doing- especially with the solvents- is
really dangerous.  And not any cheaper anymore- 2 gallons of sprayable red is
$500 in pretty basic 2- part systems...

Toby