Oil burn off

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.ne roadster list"
Subject: Oil burn off
From: Tom PRATHER <tomet9@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 07:53:48 -0800 (PST)
Hi to the list,

    I wanted to query the roadster experts out there on a recommendation for
the best weight oil for a U20 that is puffing blue smoke on take off. I have
long suspected either the valve guides and seals or rings have wear but doing a
wet and dry compression check shows hardly a difference in compression. The car
is running so good that I don't want to take it apart quite yet. I have been
running Castrol 20/50 for they claim to control oil burn off. Is this the best
for my situation or is there a straight weight I could be running? Thanks,

                        Tom 69/2.0