Power Loss

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Power Loss
From: "Brucciani, Chris" <CBrucciani@archinsurance.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 08:08:09 -0500
I am stumped.  Pinky - a 1968 2000 was running great a couple of weeks
ago, and now the exact opposite.  She will start and idle great, but
after a block or so she will lose all power. If I coast to a stop, she
will perk right back up. I thought that she was not getting enough gas
so I swapped in a new fuel pump.  Still nothing.  Carbs are rebuilt and
full of oil. Gas filter clean - but I still really feel like I am not
generating enough fuel pressure.  It is a 2.4 to 4 gph pump. I cleaned
and coated the gas tank two years ago with the kit from eastwood.  And
since the car has been running I have kind of ruled out a clogged gas
pickup tube.  Gary Boone dizzy installed. I may have recently done
something to the wires that go to the coil.  I had a problem where my
car would only run with the key in the engaged to start position, so I
made a hasty repair.  However I don't think that my car would run at all
if I had really screwed something up.  Any ideas are appreciated.

Chris Brucciani
Marietta, GA
1968 2000
1973 240Z

Check out Arch's new and improved 'Fresh.Thinking.' website at
www.archinsurance.com

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and
confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual
and/or entity identified in the alias address of this message. If the reader
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby requested
not to distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or return
e-mail and delete the original message from your system.