Re: Trunk gaskets...again

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: Re: Trunk gaskets...again
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 19:17:24 +0000
I have an embarrasing tale of gaskets...

10 years ago, restoring the 1600, I got a new Nissan gasket.  I put it on the
body, since that's where the old one had been.   Of course, the trunk sat 1/2"
up with it, and I actually cracked the (brand new, color sanded) paint on the
deck lid from repeated slamming.  Pissed off, I ordered some cheap, thin
Whitney's universal weatherstrip and threw the Nissan gasket in the spare parts
bin.

Only recently did I realize that the gasket I had was supposed to go on the
trunk, not the body- and of course, now I can't find it.

The dumb things I do....

Toby