RE: 66-67 Headlight Relay

To: <slowboy@cox.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 66-67 Headlight Relay
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:45:52 +0930
Hi there,
the case of the relay can be prised off by carefully bending the small
retaining tabs on the underside.
I grit blasted the case and base to remove all the crud, just avoid the coil
and contacts etc.
Plan to have the case from both the horn and headlamp relays replated, then
clip them back together.
If the little tabs break off (very likely) a bead of silicon around the
perimeter would hold the can attached.
The only source for the original metal can relays for me has been Ebay or
this list!
Every now and then someone would auction a grab bag of electrical bits and I
was fortunate enough to score the elusive relay.
I was also fortunate enough to get some WITHOUT the metal can, Grrrr!
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310
1971 P510