Chassis Bolt Threads

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chassis Bolt Threads
From: <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:04:56 -0400
On the 66 & 67 I noticed two sets of threaded holes in the chassis for bolts
but nothing bolted there. These are not the ones for the oil cooler as there
are screws in them holes. These other holes are larger on the chassis just in
front of the block in two pairs left and right side of the chassis and they are
on top of the pieces that usually get cutoff when installing the SR20. I just
looked at the 70 and there is only one hole per side and no threads.

So, can someone tell me why those threaded holes are there with nothing
attached to them, at least not on my two cars?