silicone based waxes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: silicone based waxes
From: James Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:57:25 -0700 (PDT)
Gents-

Please let me advise against silicone based anything for exterior or interior.
The negatives outweigh the positives.  It's not terribly expensive to use the
best products and techniques.

If your paint is faded a gentle sanding can be performed by any good body shop
(although finding good and concerned can be challenging).  This is the route
taken for extremely valuable classics that have original finishes.  "It aint
over til we hit primer" is my disclaimer.

If you'd like to learn a great lifetime skill consider the purchase of a DeWalt
polisher like a body shop uses, around $200 or the same price as a single
involoved detailing. You can always call Larry Reynolds of Car Care Specialties
for detailing advice.  He sold me a DeWalt polisher for the same price as Home
Depot and included about two hours telephone time on techniques to use it.
He'll talk to you as long as you'd like even if you don't buy anything.  His
products and the results of his advice can be seen on Pebble Beach cars.

No interest other than that I am a satisfied customer, Larry Reynolds can be
reached at 201-796-8300, www.carcareonline.com.  He answers the phone every
time I call even nights & Sundays.

I found him through the Porsche club, that club's concours give new meaning to
anal, how about a guy with a white glove looking for dirt on the inside of a
spare tire.

Just my opinion of course.

Eric Hoffman